• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic variant of mouths?

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a question that I couldn't find while searching around so here it is. Is there a way to have a differnt set of mouths when neutral, smiling, etc automatically? So when I for example laugh that it uses differnt type of mouths then when i'm neutral. I know this is possible with keyboard triggers but like do it automatically.

If someone knows the answer, thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something needs to be the trigger so that CH knows when to switch. I'm not sure what you intend to be the trigger in this case if not the keyboard. CH doesn't have the capability to discern the mood just by sound alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, the trigger would be the smile I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I am having difficulty understanding what you are trying to do. The closest thing that might work is the Replay function where you can link several animations together - but they can't trigger a new state once complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sorry I have a hard time explaining. essentially I want a differnt set of mouths when I smile and I don't want to use keyboard triggers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sorry I have a hard time explaining. essentially I want a differnt set of mouths when I smile and I don't want to use keyboard triggers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you explain why you don't want to use keyboard triggers? Something has to trigger the change in behavior.... for example there are MIDI events (using a Midi keyboard plugged into the computer) - still a trigger, but not from the keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, if you smile, the Face behavior takes over the mouth. You cannot smile and talk via lipsync that I know of (hmmmm, interesting, they are different behaviors....). 

Okay, if you want to get wild and experiment... remove the LipSync from the root of the puppet. Keep the Face behavior. Have a mouth with Neutral, Surprised, and Smile only (the 2 controlled by Face behavior). Under Neutral and Smile, create a Head/Mouth/visemes hierarchy (repeat the head in each). Add LipSync behaviors to both Neutral/Head and Smile/Head. Hopefully the two lipsync behaviors finds all the visemes under that. So if you smile, the Face behavior will activate the Smile group, and then Lipsync will take over under that (and hopefully no Face behavior down there will mean the Smile will not trigger inside the group).

I give it a small chance of working if you want to try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn that sounds crazy but I could give it a try thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use it mostly for streaming so I want to puppet to be as reactive as possible. Having to click a button to laugh would just feel weird to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Smiling is fine, its smiling and talking at the same time that becomes a problem.

Note: with MIDI you can do things like get Midi foot pedals under the desk. Would take some practice I am sure, but its another option if you want to keep your hands free playing the game.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines