Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Body Squished Problem

New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I am new in Character Animator. I followed the tutorial of Samurai and he explained everything well. The only problem I have right now is the body when walking it is squished along with the arms. Also, I don't know how to fix the weird deformation on my elbow. You can see below.

https://youtu.be/7GltiYEHN1k

Puppet is on this link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7opzrrcu5hdqzlz/AABbZMmwc7ArXjvUifQHRnU5a?dl=0

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I figured out that I forgot to put sticks on my arms and legs. Now, It still has weird deformation on the body and arms.

I updated the puppet file on the link...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spotted a few issues, but pretty easy to fix:

• I normally put a "Neck" handle at the base of the neck, under the head. The relative position of the Head and Neck tags changes the posture (actually true for waist, hips, etc too)
  • The arms overlap the body artwork, but you did not mark them as independent. So the arms moving is warping the body. Make the arms independent to avoid this problem.
  • Change the attach type for the arms to "Hinge" rather than "Weld" - I think it will look better.
  • You might need to put sticks in your arms - if they bend in ways you don't like, sticks are normally the answer.
  • Remove the Left/Right Shoulder handles from the arm layers. They need to be on the Body layer (the parent of the arms, after you make them independent)

It worked a lot better after I did the above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much!!!  Everything is ok now!😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines