• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bypass Physics?

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to use transform as a kind of makeshift camera.  Is there any way to bypass the physics, such that I could change the x position on the entire puppet without it effecting the physics (dangles and such) on child groups?

I tried removing the physics behavior on the parent group and putting it on a lower group, but that seems to have no effect.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Position X/Y for camera pans, but never thought about the impact on physics! (I always do slow pans).  Have you tried using “Absolute Position X/Y” instead of “Position X/Y”? MIght be worth a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion.  Can you please clarify what you mean by “Absolute Position X/Y”?  Where is this parameter located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, was not at a computer to check. In the properties panel in the Transform Behavior there is both Postion X/Y and one just above it starting with A... Absolute? Oh, maybe it was Anchor Point X/Y. If doing a camera slide, you can use either one. One if before scaling etc, the other afterwards. But if doing simple moves, you might be able to try adjusting the Anchor Point X/Y to see if changing that affects physics or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, yes.  I tried that and it didn't make a difference.  It seems like any motion of any nature affects physics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi oksamurai​, is there a way to move a puppet without physics kicking in? Doing a camera pan using Position X/Y transforms or Anchor Point X/Y transforms is making physics kick in. Is there any clever ways to move and not have physics kick in?
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only hack I can think of is to temporarily turn physics off during a camera change as part of a Replay. So for example, make dangle stiffness really high while simultaneously zooming or panning with the camera. But yeah, this is not ideal, and we have some ideas for the future...stay tuned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines