Exit

CA 2.1 Changing Behaviors doesn't affect pre-recorded playback

New Here ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With CA 2.0, I was able to do the following:

• Record a puppet performance
  • Modify a Puppet Track Behavior (for example set Face | Pose To Pose Movement from 0 to 100 with a minimum pose delay of 1 second).
  • Replay the recorded puppet performance and see the behavior changes reflected in the playback (so that now the head moves every second).

With version 2.1,  playing back the performance doesn't reflect the behavior changes I made (so the head is still moving fluidly in realtime rather than waiting a second between changes).  If I'm not in playback mode, and in realtime mode, the head moves every second, but when I press play, the head moves fluidly as it did when I recorded it.  I've been sure to select Push Value To Source Puppet in the  Puppet Track Behaviors panel for the PtoP movement (this seems to do nothing).

Am I missing something here?  Is there another step required to apply changes to the prerecorded performance?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downgraded to 2.01 and retested and realized I was mistaken.  MOST of the properties in the Puppet Track Behaviors can be changed and then you can view the changes on playback.  However, there are three properties that do not affect playback when changed:

• Pose To Pose Movement
  • Minimum Pose Duration
  • Smoothing

So my earlier post was incorrect.  Sorry for the bad assumptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the smoothing/pose-to-pose options actually affect what gets recorded as opposed to how the recorded data is interpreted.

The main hint that this is the case is that the parameters are not recordable (look in the little ... menu to the left of the property). It occurs to me now that I'm thinking about it that this cue is now even less obvious than before since the recording dots are no longer shown by default.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing back what you found. Playback mode is an approximation of the final render for speed. The difference might be an example if one of the optimizations ... perhaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines