• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera controlled draggables

LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Controlling draggables with a mouse is a pain to get smooth flows. How about using the camera to track registration marks (in addition to the face tracking). Could be color circles (e.g. colored stress balls I hold in my hands) with a color per draggable that it tracks, or colored disks I pin to my clothes etc.  I think the movements would come out a lot more natural.

Then add an adjustable count down pre-recording counter, so I can set the counter to 5 seconds, stand back from the computer, get into pose for a full body shot (checking the screen that I am in position), then the recording starts. Much easier to get graceful ballerina movements etc.

Or add support for VR tracking handsets... https://medium.com/indie-game-devlogs/recording-character-animations-with-the-vive-trackers-fb39aef0...

Yeah, not an easy one, but I think it would be much easier than trying to get natural movements with a mouse. I could imagine putting a registration mark per joint and getting much smoother arm and leg movements. Or for simple cases, just sitting at my desk with Character Animator branded stress balls in my hands of particular colors you give out at marketing events...  (I gotta get me a purple one next time!)

TOPICS
Feature requests

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea.

Could you please post this in the Feature Requests forum?

Thanks,

Rajnesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think some parts are already there. I built a solution using HTC Vive controllers and released the code as opensource. Just look for “HTC Vive” and you will find a few posts in the forums here. It turns the HTC Vive hand controllers into MIDI note and control events which then feeds into CH.

There have been some people I think put a registration mark onto the say nose of a character and use AE to sync an object (e.g. a puppet) to thtat location. I have not tried it myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's great, thanks for sharing.

I hope that Adobe will, soon, support hardware on both the Mac and PC.

Take care,

Rajnesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines