Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

camtwist is not working

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm trying to get my feed of camtwist....long story having to do with all webcams being sold and trying to use my iphone as a video source for classes next week.

When I choose camtwist as the source I get a really weird result:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssopz9selu5f1y0/Screen%20Recording%202020-04-01%20at%2015.28.18.mov?dl=0 

any ideas?

I get a different error with epoccam...this app is recognized by it never produces an image.

oh...if it helps...my setup is a 2014 macbook air (i7) driving an apple cine-display running 10.15. The iphone is a 5se running the most recent version of IOS. Camtwist is the most recent version. What I'm doing is a partial screen capture from cam-twist. The screen source is the camera in the iphone camera displaying via quicktime screen capture on the desktop. Yes...a really ugly work around.

TOPICS
Bugs , Camera

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to use your CamTwist output in any other webcam-capable application?

I just tried CamTwist as an input in Character Animator using both the laptop's FaceTime camera and a connected iPhone. I got the same results you did picking the CamTwist input, but CamTwist 2VUY ended up working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi...thank you

I tried CamTwist 2VUY to start with...but I got an impossible-to-escape window popping up in CA telling me that input resolution was too low. I just tried it again with a significantly larger display area...it works fine. Thank you. Instant kludge means that my students get to have a semi-entertaining puppet talking about research methodology rather than me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines