• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I Create Characters of Inanimate Objects?

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not yet have Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Character but want to know if I can create an animated character (movement, facial expressions, etc) of something other than a person? For example, a tree with a face and eyes and can move its mouth to speak.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Character animator just stretches / replaces bits of artwork. It does not require the artwork to be human. You may need to be a bit more creative, but definitely can animate objects as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use Photoshop.

The main think to consider with creating the character is which parts you want to move.
Layers are key to having your character move as you intend when imported into Character Animator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Taking this a step further, while a number of Character Animator's features are focused on animating faces (lip sync from audio and face tracking with the webcam) and most examples are characters, features like triggers, replays, physics, particles, and transform behaviors can actually enable doing other kinds of animations or interactive animation:

Family Feud Game in Character Animator | Motion and Graphic Design | Brian Behm Creative

Personally, I'd love to see more exploration in this area. There's a substantially broader set of uses just waiting for the right creative spark.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines