• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Import Audio File

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My audio file, springtrap.mp3, won't import into character animator. when i try drag and drop or regular importing it comes up with an error saying it is "Unable to open the audio file". i need this for school by the end of the week so this is worrying me. ive tried renaming the file to make sure there are no weird characters in the name. I also attempted to make a new character project and importing it to see if it was my character, i got the same error. so i tried importing the file into Adobe Audition and got:

Error: Apple AudioToolbox cannot open the specified file.

Error Code: 'dta?'

The file is just a plain .mp3 file, do you know why it isnt working?

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use a mac, so I can't offer too much help. What happens when you try to import the mp3 using the file menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it has the same issue as when i drag and drop it. i tried it both ways. i also don't use Mac, this is a school computer, so its not my strong suit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My only guess is that it's something about the file itself. Normally I would open the file in Adobe Audition and see if it can read it. If so, I'd export it again from Audition. I do not know if that's an option where you're at. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can try to send it to you, tho may not be the most simple of processes.  Would you like me to try to email it to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use a file-sharing service like google-drive and send it to me in a DM through this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you a message with a google drive link to the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I was successful in exporting the file to WAV format in Adobe Audition. Not sure how to send it back to you, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

google drive link would work, i can also DM you my email and you could attatch it to an email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll DM you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

alright!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you wont be able to email the one attatched to my account so id have to send you my personal one. school emails are stupid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Small update, if I try opening the audio on my ipad in an adobe program it works. However I don't have access to Character animator on it since its not on the school app store. I dont know why it won't open on the computer but will on an ipad. Its good to know, but doesn't help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines