• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you scrub through physics/collision effects?

LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a go at using collisions to throw a paper ball at someone's face and have it bounce off.  My first challenge is I cannot work out how to get the collision to work on my fairly complicated person puppet - it just goes right through. If I try "collide" tagging other simple puppets, it works fine. I worked around it by putting a collidable puppet behind my person puppet - it's good enough.

But I want the person to react on their facial expression, which means getting the timing right. At present as soon as I reset the scene the object starts dropping, so I cannot start playing the scene to work out if the timing is right. Is there a way to do this?

(I am going to try using a particle cannon next, so I trigger the paper ball within the scene. Hopefully that will sync the two up. But wanted to know if I am missing a better way to do this.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmm. I can use a cannon, but then it seems like the paper-balls stop colliding completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines