• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ch Crashes when clicking on Rig Mode - Win10,64bit

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, so yesterday I started installing the cc suite on a new windows machine (transferring from an old Mac). At first I was comfortably working on Ch when it started crashing. After a while, I couldnt open my projects because it couldnt find a "repo.index" file, saying if the "file is located on a server please download it to local machine". So I did that to no avail.

Later I decided to just start a new project and Importing a file was OK, but as soon as I clicked on RIG mode, Pfff! disappeared. Kept trying a few times and nothing.

I even disabled my webcam just to see it could be causing some issues but nah.

All the other Adobe apps work fine, illustrator, AE, Premiere, etc.

I am a freelance animator and this is costing me.

Any help highly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Looks like NVIDIA released an update (425.31): Drivers | GeForce

I don't see our bug number in the list, but maybe it was the same underlying issue as one of the other crashes. My teammate (who had a machine that a crash that we believe is the same) evaluated 425.15, so I think 425.31 includes the fix.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought I was the only one. It crashes the moment I click on rig. Im using a surface book15inch  gfx. It's frustrated. I've deleted and reinstalled over 7x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a machine with an NVIDIA GPU? If so, was a newer NVIDIA driver installed?

We're aware of an issue with newer NVIDIA drivers, and are working with NVIDIA to resolve. Check this FAQ for more details: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2611824

We'll update that FAQ once the updated NVIDIA driver is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive got Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find the option to force Ch to use the integrated Intel Graphics ??? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 problems: "Warning: Is project... already open and?" and closing program I had the same problem and even with integrated card it works wrong, but better.

If you're on PC: computer > right mouse click > properties > device manager > nvidia geforce > turn off

and then you should jump on intel graphics automatically of course if you had intel graphics on your computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am, the 1060 gfx card and yes I did also update a couple weeks ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see if the latest NVIDIA driver (425.31), released yesterday, fixes the crash in Character Animator for you? It's been successful for other so far. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff.

It seems the issue is fixed now with this update.

thanks for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @gibsoncartoons... Glad to hear,

My last reply was actually in response to @sofarealdope to make sure the update driver is also good for that user. Sorry I wasn't clearer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has worked well for me since the update. Issue no more!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommand you to switch to Adobe Animate CC and don't waste your time, because for now I don't see any possibility to use it in normal way on nvidia... I was fighting with the same problem, but even on intel when you try to see your puppet (not sample puppet) it's impossible. It's just opening without crush, but still working on your own project is impossilble (on my computer, maybe on your not... I hope so)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I disabled Nvidia card and defaulted to Intel graphics. It works now, although I havent had more issues wth it id like nvidia and adobe to sort this out soon because thats the purpose of having a dedicated graphs card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like NVIDIA released an update (425.31): Drivers | GeForce

I don't see our bug number in the list, but maybe it was the same underlying issue as one of the other crashes. My teammate (who had a machine that a crash that we believe is the same) evaluated 425.15, so I think 425.31 includes the fix.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That latest driver (425.31) has fixed the issue on my GeForce GTX 960M configuration, so hopefully it will for yours as well. Please let us know if the crash is still occurring, and on which NVIDIA GPU you're using, so that we can forward the information to NVIDIA for additional troubleshooting. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so far so good! hasnt crashed!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines