• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator Help - Animated Scene Switching

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have been trying to figure out how to accomplish this effect that I have been seeing with a few Adobe character's.

They have an animated scene that lets they character "fly off and on" to different scenes.

Here is a Youtube video showing an example of exactly what I am trying to accomplish.

Can you explain how I can re-create this effect using Character Animator?

Thanks in Advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

A puppet can be moved left or right with the Transform behavior > Position X (in the right properties). So someone could arm (turn red dot on) this and change the value during recording to move the character. However, if it were me I would just dynamic link the project into After Effects and do it there (which would also make the background switching and fades easier as well). In general right now I recommend CH for your characters and AE or PR for their environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A puppet can be moved left or right with the Transform behavior > Position X (in the right properties). So someone could arm (turn red dot on) this and change the value during recording to move the character. However, if it were me I would just dynamic link the project into After Effects and do it there (which would also make the background switching and fades easier as well). In general right now I recommend CH for your characters and AE or PR for their environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave! I am subscribed to your channel and watch ALL your Youtube videos!

Could you possibly put together a quick video explaining this a bit more? I am still trying to wrap my head around this, but besides seeing other's doing it with their characters, I have no point of reference of HOW they are doing it.

In other words, it's not like they are going to open up Character Animator or After Effects and show me exactly how they did it.

In the mean time, I will try and see if I can follow your instructions.

I want to do this all Live and not recorded, if this makes a difference.

Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, check this out: Jory.mp4 - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dave you ROCK!

Thank you! I would not have known how to do this!

That makes a lot more sense now.

Thank you so much for the great video! Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines