• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator imported into Premiere Pro has no audio.

Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is a Peremiere Pro problem or a Character Animator problem so I'm posting this in both forums. I've created a character in CH and imported it ito PP. The first time there was no audio when I first opened the file in the Source window. The animation was working. (I tried every which way to import and nothing changed. I also tried just placing the CH file in the timline. No sound) I went back to CH and saved as a new file. After importing to PP there was audio in the source file. So I could go through that and choose the cuts I wanted. When dragging the portions I wanted to the timeline, the audio dissapeared again. The animation works great but no sound. I don't know what else to do so here I am. Any help is greatly appreciated.

(By the way, I'd done this successfully with a couple of previous animations. So that's why I'm not sure what I'm now doing wrong.)

Thanks!

Terry

(I'm always using the latest version of everything on a MacOS Sierra.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a potential bug.

One thing you could try is to export the scene as a video file from CH and load that file into Prem Pro To see if that works better. If that does not work, then its probably a Prem Pro problem.

I suspect it is something unreliable about the “dynamic linking” feature between CH and Prem Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to confirm, during the times when you do have audio in your Source monitor, are the tracks in your timeline patched? If you look in your timeline you'll see V1, V2, A1, A2, etc. V1 will be selected and blue, but if you see that A1 and/or A2 are not selected then you won't bring any audio down from the Source monitor into the timeline.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps Premiere was conforming the audio in the background and you just needed to wait? How long was your Character Animator Scene?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Ch scene is 3 minutes long. (I'm doing simple little things while learning.) Sometimes the audio in Pr worked and sometimes it didn't. For example one time when I opened the project the sound was there and you could see the recording graph in the audio layer. Close and open later the audio layer appeared but was empty. One solution was to make sure I cleared the Pr media cache every time I opened the scene. It helped but also provided inconsistent results. (Took me a while but I found clearing the cache helps many problems). Finally I resaved the project as a new version and everything worked great and I got the scene done with no problems. I  made no changes or new imports, just resaved. Now, I can't say what the difference was but I thought I'd share in case it brings any light to the matter for others.

As an interesting side note, just out of curiosity,  I just opened the original project file and the audio is there when it wasn't the last time before I resaved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone like DanTull​ might be interested in getting a copy of the project. That just sounds weird - I have not heard of that problem from anyone else before. What version of CH are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ch 2.0.1  Pr 13.0.2  I always keep updated to the latest version of everything. This, in fact, started with this last update of Pr. And, now I can't close Pr without force quiting, although I've shared that in another post so that's just an observation. I haven't had any trouble in Ch recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  We are looking into this issue and will report back.  In the meantime, you can export PNG/WAV or via AME, then import that into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I had a great laugh at your comment, "I have not heard of that problem from anyone else before." I was an art director fo 40 years who, way back when (1990's), introduced computers, Apple and Adobe into the company I worked for. I've heard that comment a thousand times at least over the years. I never looked at it as crticism but, "well now you've heard it! How will you fix it?". You gave me a laugh! Thanks for the memories.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol! My thinking more it may increase the probability of hardware problem, device drivers, etc.  Some problems multiple people have so people work out workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines