• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator Not Dragging

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot figure out why the arms on my character do not drag in Character Animator. I have been going through several different Okay Samuri's Character Animator examples from the Adobe website. Some have the plus + symbol on the arms, and others do not. It seems like no matter what I change in the naming of the layers, the arms still are not draggable. In glancing at the Illustrator layers, can anyone see anything wrong with my naming?

Also, most of the example files from the Adobe website that demonstrate what I want to do are Photoshop files. Is the code for the layers the same for Illustrator and Photoshop?

Thanks,

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 4.32.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 4.49.09 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Adding "draggable" in the art files is kind of an old way to do it - now we recommend using the dragger tool inside CH's rig mode. Just select the arm group, add a draggable handle to where you want it to drag, and it should work. See https://youtu.be/_smLXODTd6U?t=29m7s  for more info.

Generally PS/AI doesn't make a difference - just use whatever you feel comfortable with.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding "draggable" in the art files is kind of an old way to do it - now we recommend using the dragger tool inside CH's rig mode. Just select the arm group, add a draggable handle to where you want it to drag, and it should work. See https://youtu.be/_smLXODTd6U?t=29m7s  for more info.

Generally PS/AI doesn't make a difference - just use whatever you feel comfortable with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, that seemed to work! Thanks for your help, Dave. You have such great tutorials!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines