Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator Project Wiped Out

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I was working on an after effects project which included some character animator scenes that I'd imported to after effects using Adobe Dynamic Link.

One day, when I went to open the after effects project, I received this message:Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 2.09.23 PM.png

Naturally, I closed after effects and opened up "c-animator HBNG2.chproj" to see what was the problem, and I found that my entire character animator project had been wiped clean. No puppets, no scenes, no nothing. Just gone.

So my question is threefold:

1. Why did this happen?

2. Can I recover my lost character animator project?

3. How can I prevent this from happening in the future?

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look in the directory the project file is in, could you show the directory structure there? If you make a zip file, how big is the zip? Can you upload that zip to google drive or similar? I would reach out to DanTull​ to see if he can recover anything

Why did it happen? No idea. But cloud sync software is a common problem. It can try to sync while ch is running so they fight over the files.

But making backups is the ultimate protection of course. I zip the directory and upload to google drive myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would definitely be willing to inspect the project and perform whatever diagnosis/repair is possible.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dan! Thanks so much! How can I send you the project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Usually folks just zip it up and use the private message feature on these forums to send me a download link for Dropbox, CC Files, or another file sharing service.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines