Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator scene to lottie file

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I'm trying to import a Scene which I created in Character animator to After Effects with the ability to then convert it to a Lottie file to use in Webflow. Is this possible to do using a dynamic link? I'm new to this, so bare with me.  After importing my Character Animator scene to After Effects, it seems that since it's now a dynamic link, the keyframes made in Character Animator are no longer editable. Is that correct?

Help would be very appreciated. Thanks. 

TOPICS
Dynamic link , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you dynamic link to AE or PR, basically your CH scene is treated as just another piece of video footage, albeit with an alpha channel. I have not personally tried going the Lottie route so I'm not sure if that will carry through or not. Another option might be to File > Export > PNG Sequence and WAV from CH, import into AE as a PNG sequence, and see if that works any better (gets around potential dynamic link hiccups).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave! Seems you are not able to make lottie from a chproj scene, but that would be a cool feature. PNG sequence is something I hadnt thought of, thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, this would be super solid. I came here just for that, so thanks for raising this question. Essentially it would help me just animate using CH as opposed to getting 3rd part plugins like the Duiks, Overlord, and Bodymovin for Animation in AE.  Hope this can be added as a feature down the line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Q here - Is there a connection between CH through Ae to Lottie now? Would love to have them work together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK there is still no current way to do this. Thanks for the feedback - I would love this one day as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exporting to PNG sequence directly from Ch, then making an image section in Ae and exporting via bodymovin works pretty well. The files are way bigger than animations created directly in Ae, but hey, it does work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines