• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character animator transform issue

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I transform character, it goes back to original place - doesn't stay where it should be transformed to.

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

I think you are hitting a common issue. If the record is armed, then doing a transform is setting the value for the next recording. The problem is many other changes reset the value, causing what feels like losing your settings. This is because you did not actually do a recording of the new initial value you just set up. If you disarm the recording button first, then changing the transform values changes the default values for the puppet. This is a common cause of confusion (it still bites me at

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion moved from Forum comments to Character Animator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are hitting a common issue. If the record is armed, then doing a transform is setting the value for the next recording. The problem is many other changes reset the value, causing what feels like losing your settings. This is because you did not actually do a recording of the new initial value you just set up. If you disarm the recording button first, then changing the transform values changes the default values for the puppet. This is a common cause of confusion (it still bites me at times too!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Alan will disarm record option and then transform. Also I have all my library(assets, characters) ready to record - literally the project is finished, minus recording. I may need your help in the recording process - if you don't mind I may leave this chat open so I may ask you a question or two.

Thanks

Wass 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also Alan I was considering your Youtube channel?  I subscribed to your Youtube but can't seem to find channel now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is usually best to create a separate question per issue, in the “Character Animator” forum. Different people know different answers, so its easier for people to spot your question and respond. Putting lots of different questions in one thread can cause the questions to be lost.

It also helps others searching through the forums to find previous solutions - there is one thread per topic with a good subject line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My web site is extra-ordinary.tv (Blogs are under the “behind the scenes“ menu).

The screen sharing channel is i cannot work out a url for, but here is a video from the channel. Crazy eyes demo - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines