• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character disapeared with basic rigging change

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was fixing some basic rigging for my character's walking and moved into record mode and she was gone. Refresh didn't work, but the puppet is still available in rig mode. Am I missing something obvious? It's just gone from record mode, and nothing directly that I did should have made it happen.

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funky! Is there anything recorded in the track for that character? The fact that you drag it to time zero and you see something is interesting. I notice that all your triggers are orange in the trigger panel (which means they are broken). Triggers and swap sets are a common reason why things disappear. The other possibility is the timeline had a recording of a position off the screen, or scaled to size zero etc. If you delete the character and drag it back in as a new track, do you immediately see this behavior? That would indicate its not a recording issue.

The other thing i would try is use "Export Puppet" from the menu and Import the .puppet file into a new fresh project. Does that work? Maybe the project got corrupted somehow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply! There's nothing recorded for the character. I fixed all the swap sets, and then tried deleting the character from the scene and adding it back as a new track, it was still missing. I also tried exporting the puppet and importing it into a new project. Nothing is working so far! It does feel like its something in the rigging side. The thing that gets me is that it shows up when I drag it to time zero. Do I just need to start a new puppet and rig it from scratch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right about it being on the rigging side. What Rigging Issues show up when you click the "âš " at the bottom of the Rig screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There aren't any

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, does record mode work for that puppet if you create an empty scene and drag it in? 

If it still is dissapearing what happens when you try to use tracking with that rig?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very very strange! Are you able to share the puppet by uploading the .puppet file to Google Drive or similar and sharing a link? I really don't understand why the playhead at position zero makes it appear. Feels like you are triggering a bug in CH somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for looking at this! I'm totally stumped. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uas3g-15XeX5-gh6n2lzQEOEitnYja0v/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to guess the puppet is corrupt. I kept deleting and it kept playing up until there was almost nothing left. I then imported a copy of the PSD file, and the copy seems to work fine. Maybe someone else can spot it, but very weird.

My suggestion is import the PSD file again to start a fresh "puppet", create a scene, then rig a little and test the puppet, then repeat step by step. Then if something goes weird, you should be able to "undo" and have confidence you know what went wrong.

But I could not work it out either sorry. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help! I've re-rigged a new puppet and it's working fine. I'm glad it wasn't just me though haha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I couldn’t reply in time to actually help, but looking at your puppet now, the reason it’s disappearing after the first frame is that you have Cycle Layers applied at the root of the puppet, so it's treating the top group ("Puppet") as a single-frame animation. Which plays starting on the first frame of the sequence and then ends, so nothing shows (unless you switched it to a looping cycle). Removing that behavior from the root makes the puppet show up.

After fixing that, I see all three puppet views at once. One way to fix that: remove the Walk behavior from the Left and Right Profile groups, and instead apply it one level up ("Puppet") so it can trigger the left or right view appropriately.

Cute puppet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines