Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character goes out of frame when walking

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have been messing around with Character Animator for about a week and i was more interested in making my character walk and run rather than just starting with the basic of facial expressions. I have successfully made my character walk but while recording him walking and running, i am experiencing a little problem.

When i try to record my character walking, it records with no problems. But when i play the recording back it always starts walking from the center and then goes out of the frame while other facial expressions and hand movements are still playing, but all outside the frame.

How can i tackle this problem ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Hi rooniboy, If you're new to CH, animating a character walking or running is pretty much jumping in at the deep end. The problem you are describing sounds like it might being caused by two issues, the first, check the setting on your walk behavior and make sure that "body speed" is set to 0% This will keep your character walking in place rather than off screen. Also, you might have be having an issue with layer independence which is how CH determines which parts of your puppet move by themselve

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rooniboy, If you're new to CH, animating a character walking or running is pretty much jumping in at the deep end. The problem you are describing sounds like it might being caused by two issues, the first, check the setting on your walk behavior and make sure that "body speed" is set to 0% This will keep your character walking in place rather than off screen. Also, you might have be having an issue with layer independence which is how CH determines which parts of your puppet move by themselves and which parts move the rest of the puppet when they move. If part of your puppet is walking and part of it is not moving correctly, this could be part of the issue. If you haven't already seen them, the tutorials by Okay Samurai on YouTube are an awesome reference on how to set up a puppet and get it all the way to the walking stage.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your helpful response.

I feel so dumb right now. In fact i purposely changed the Body Speed to 20% to make it walk on the screen. I could have easily moved the character in After Effects after recording it walking in one place.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines