• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not create the file - Acess was denied

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, first time trying Character Animator. I can´t create a new project.

How I can fix this? 1.png2.jpg

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

"Access was Denied" is usually an indicator that your system has protected folders that prohibit writing to them. If possible, see if you can direct the content to another file directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Access was Denied" is usually an indicator that your system has protected folders that prohibit writing to them. If possible, see if you can direct the content to another file directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very Import is how to change directory

simply go to saved location (search) mine was under C:\Users\dell\Documents\adobe\........."

(1) copy adobe folder from their and put it on desktop

then go to Adobe Character Animator icon, right click - Properties - under Start in (field) change path to your new desktop location and thats it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that before, tried again but on another disk and it worket. Is it some error happening on disk C:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could say for certain, but file handling is far from my area of expertise. There are a lot of factors, such as whether a folder is hidden, read-only, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the antivirus, Ransomware protection. I cant save Character Animator files on disk (C:) if I have the antivirus turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhhh! Some background things (like cloud backup software) watches for new files and updates, locking the file (e.g. while uploading to cloud storage, or checking for viruses, etc). This can interact badly with Character Animator as it assumes it can open files whenever it wants. It sounds like your anti-virus/protection software is being fairly draconian, grabbing completely exclusive access to files while it checks them. Then Character Animator gets its nose out of joint because it cannot access the files it needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you guys atleast make a video showing how to fix it because that error is really slowing up my process on my work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just turn off antivirus. It need to be the first thing you do before open the adobe character. If you open adobe character and turn off antivirus after it, you will have a lot of erros. If that happen, restart PC, turn off antivirus after it, an open character animator. It sck, but its the only way I found to work without problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You. Turned off Avast and virus and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines