• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Workspace Possible Source Of Problems

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on my laptop and have a second monitor.  Seems like a great thing, as having extra workspace is necessary when working with Adobe products.

In CH, I used the extra monitor to create a custom workspace.  On one screen, my puppet rigging stuff.  On the other, my scene and triggers and such.  It never crossed my mind that I was putting both Rig and Record mode on screen at the same time.  All of Dave's tutorials and everything else I've seen has you switch between Rig and Record.

I have noticed that my layout causes funny little things to happen.  Occasionally, when I press an arrow key to record a walk behavior, my Rig side will begin expanding each and every group.  It seems these little idiosyncrasies are nothing more than an oddity.  Or are they?

I've been noticing CH acting funny.  I set up a swap set and it worked fine a few times, then it didn't.  Instead of swapping to the chosen layers, they disappear.  In the rigging issues area, it will mention handles tagged and not used when I know they are.  I have the walk behavior set up on 4 different views, but in the properties it sometimes shows only 2 of the 4.  I could go on, but...

Just wondering if this custom workspace with Rig and Record visible at the same time is inherently dangerous, and might explain some of the strange behavior.

TOPICS
Bugs , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you remember which panel was active (focused) when you saw unexpected behaviors?

I don't have a dual monitor system, so I tried your issues with the undocked Puppet panel. If the Puppet panel is active and a group is selected in it, I saw the issue of arrow key as you mentioned.

Please try to make the main app panel or the scene panel active (click) before using arrow keys or apply triggers.

> I have the walk behavior set up on 4 different views, but in the properties it sometimes shows only 2 of the 4.

I'm not sure about this part.
Number of views depends on where Walk behavior is applied, I think. Do you remember what you did when you did not see all 4 views of Walk behavior?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have since figured out that making the proper panel active will solve the small issues.  And as far as the walk behavior problem, I believe I was hopping over to Photoshop to tweak things, making profiles not visible so I could see what I was doing, forgetting to make them visible again, saving the Photoshop file and returning to CH.  When the views would be invisible, I'd be thinking "dammit, it was working before."  Then I'd go back to Photoshop and try a thing or two, not realizing that I was changing the visible property there, and upon returning to CH, suddenly it is working again.  Pretty sure it was a simple brain fade on my part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines