Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cycle Layers interfering with drag arm bend

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a puppet with the arms set to the standard rigging. Origin at shoulder, upper and lower bones, draggable handle, mesh set to Contour, etc.

I have also created a number of sets of arm movements organized in cycle layers groups and each are triggered separately via keyboard keys.

All of these are in groups along with the R Arm within the "Right Arm" group, within the "Body" group.

When I record, the draggable arm is very difficult to control and does not bend  without great effort, if at all. 

When I remove the cycle layers groups from the Right Arm group all is fine and the arm works great.

My problem is when the cycle layers triggered arm groups are outside of the Right Arm group I can't "Hide Other Layers" and therefore the R Arm remains visible when I trigger the cycle layers groups.

Any tricks, tips?  THANKS!

First set up allows arm to bend fine but the R Arm can't be hidden.              Second set up interferes with draggable bending but allows the hide other layers in group.

Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 10.29.22 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-21 at 10.32.18 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try putting "Right Arm" as the third child of "RA Triggers"?  Then you have an independent group for "Right Arm" without all the other cycles in it, but picking a trigger would hide "Right Arm".

I personally don't know a way of automatically hiding a group with triggers other than them being siblings. I think its more a matter of getting the tree and independent groups organized "just right", like you have been trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks!

I tried that but still have the problem.

Looking at Show Mesh when the cycle layers is in the Right Arm group all of the arms show no matter which layer I click on.  Its a real mess in there and I can see why the drag function is confused.

What I am doing now is adding the trigger groups to the Right Arm group, setting up the cycle layers and triggers and then recording those moves.  Then I am removing the trigger groups from the Right Arm group and recording the drag arm movements.  A hack but it is getting the project done.

I can't help but think I am doing something wrong or there is a work around with the layers order.  If not then this is a bug and should be fixed to allow the full set of options for the arms etc.  Would be nice if you could hide another group outside of the trigger group in addition to hide others in same group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even recording the drag movements with the triggers removed and then adding back the triggers interferes.   Maybe you just can't have both options simultaneously for a characters arms?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines