Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cycle Replays

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just loving the new Replay feature!

Is there a way to set a Replay to cycle forever or maybe to loop and only be stopped with a trigger?

My issue:

I use the Breathe behavior, but I need it to move the head up and down (offset) as well as the chest.

As it currently is set up, the head stays lock solid unaffected by the Breathe behavior.

So, my sorta-fix is to animate my own head up and down (in unison to the Breathe timing), make it into a Replay and then to trigger it in unison with the torso breath. But, I need it to loop/cycle forever.

Is that a feature request?

Thanks in advance,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

After playing around some, all I (think) I did was change crowns on the head. Here is a screen cap of my setup. Compare it with the setup of the original, where the indicated crown is one level up, and the Head group is uncrowned.

BreatheHead.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think its supported. Vote now! New “loop forever” replay mode – Adobe video & audio apps   ... Oh, sorry, US elections are over arnt they....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank goodness the US elections are over.

But I'm glad to vote again for such a great feature! Thx!

If only our politicians were so useful...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another way to make the head move with the breathe behavior is to adjust the rigging.

HeadMove Breathe.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to know how you did this.

When I load Wendigo from the start page, it doesn't operate as you have it.

The default seems to have the static head and breathing torso.

Are you able to reveal your magic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After playing around some, all I (think) I did was change crowns on the head. Here is a screen cap of my setup. Compare it with the setup of the original, where the indicated crown is one level up, and the Head group is uncrowned.

BreatheHead.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't that make the head come off the body when you move your head?

It does for mine.

wedigo headless.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't check that right now, but I originally did it in CH 2018 a while ago and did not see that happen. Are all the head profiles crowned?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. So, if I understand Crowns correctly, it puts that layer on its own "sheet of rubber" as Big Dave as make allegory too.

Thus the separation from the body...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - its a separate sheet of rubber (I call them dependence groups - not sure if there is a formal name). How about things-that-get-the-same-yellow-outline-in-rig-mode? Bit long maybe.

The head coming off the puppet is frequently because the default head position strength is set to 100% which causes this. Zero I think would have been a better default. Sometimes I use 10% to get a bit of movement going. I have never used 100% because the head comes away from the body.

If you want it independent, I wonder if you could add a second breath behavior on the head? Not sure if that would stay in sync...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try it in CH 2018 to see if that makes a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Vote for the idea here (add comments to clarify too if the existing suggestion doesn't quite cover it): New “loop forever” replay mode – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines