• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distorting Head

Engaged ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to solve this. If I uncheck the crowns on head and/or body, they don't work together. If I check them, the head distorts. Help!! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IVNC-SwAbXmv6TzNlE5pzyDAaSzMBZ5N/view?usp=sharing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. Had a longer response in progress but forums lost it all, along with all the screen shots. Going to be more terse and multiple short replies this time.

If you want to make the Head independent, you need to drag the Head origin down over the neck so the Head is attached to the Neck. At the moment it is up over the forehead, not overlapping the body anywhere.

You might want to make the eyes independent - they are warping the face.

You might want to move the Medalian around the neck to the Body layer - appears to be in the Head layer, but its not connected so the mesh does not follow the head outline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want the Head independent, you might also want to make the neck taller behind the head.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you turn on the mesh icon, it shows the point on the head not moving (if head is NOT independent) is just above the lips, which is the origin for the puppet! Still trying to work out what this is a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For eyes, you might like to review this blog. E.g. you have Blink not under the eyes, which seems strange. https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/04/21/debugging-character-animator-eyess/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't make Hair under Body independent. Otherwise the hair strands under it wont attach to the body. That is, the hair strands under Body can be independent, just not the Hair group they are all in as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The origin for Hair4 and Hair5 under Body/Hair do not overlap the body artwork. (Note: I do not think you want Head to be independent for this puppet. You wont be able to attach the hair then..)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhh, silly me. Your main puppet origin handle is the middle of the face. This is the point that wont move. So the rest of the puppet moves around it. I moved the origin down around the neck and things I think are working better now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clipboard_image_0.png

A little hard to see, but moving the origin of "Lizard Queen" down lower helped a lot. The origin is where things pivot from, so the head was pivoting around the middle of the face before, and it was Weld for the attach time, not Hinge, so that part of the face refused to move.

I also made the other two top level layers independent, and fixed their attach points too.

Sorry this is a series of replies. Got cautious after it lost what I typed in first time around!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is yours not distorting any more? I made all the changes but mine still is! I'll keep trying......thanks so much 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK fixed!!!! Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sugar,

Sorry for the delay in response. I saw your tweet. Thanks for reaching out to us.

Give us a shout if you get any other issue.

@alank Thanks! for following up on this 🙂

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!
I can't seem to solve this. If I uncheck the crowns on head and/or body, they don't work together. If I check them, the head distorts. Help!! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IVNC-SwAbXmv6TzNlE5pzyDAaSzMBZ5N/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot see how to message you directly in new forums, but looks like you replied to the “welcome” message rather than created a new post in forums. Could you repost a new thread here? https://community.adobe.com/t5/Character-Animator/bd-p/character-animator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently Direct Messages / PM's are turned off. We are working to enable them very soon!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines