• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do points move layers when you add layers?

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added some new layers to my psd file. (new hand shapes)

In Character Animator, I had points for the shoulder elbow wrist rigged on my puppet.

But since adding new layers to the psd file, it changed the layers that ALL the rigging was on.

Is this really how Character Animator works? Once a character is rigged you can't add anything else or it messes it up? points moved layers.png

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think what happened is the "bounding box" of the artwork changed, which changed CH's understanding of the center of the artwork, moving the origin. Yes, its a bit of a pain.

Rigging does get lost if you change the structure of the character above the layers you changed (e.g. introduce another level of grouping). But your diagram where it is offset makes me think its the above problem. One workaround is to create a big (independent) rectangle behind everything else so the size does not change. I personally just finish the artwork first (plan it out as best possible) then rig it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines