Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eliza Character- 3 view walking

Participant ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys!!

I am using the Eliza 3 view puppet and I am using position based mode for her walking. Normally whenever you use her and she stops walking, she flips to looking left. However, When I put in keyframes for walking she keeps looking right. So it looks like she's looking off the edge. Of course if i have flip it and have her ealk to the left she looks left.... Is there are way to make sure she defaults to looking one way??

Thank you!!!

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be good ıf you can add video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely!!

The first part I showed how she walks with arrow keys. You can see how she snaps into position. Then I show you the position based I did and how she just faces the edge no matter which side I have her walk to....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this help at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I'm trying to reproduce it here with Eliza and I can't...it's weird that in the video it seems inconsistent, where sometimes she stops looking left and others right with keyframes. The looking right shouldn't happen AFAIK - it should always default to whatever your "standing" left/right view is. The only reason it should look right is if it thinks the character is moving right - so I wonder if there is something happening behind the scenes that is making CH think Eliza is moving right during those parts? Hmmm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for you reply!!!! I'm glad I wasn't the only one confused, although I am very new to Character animator. Since you didn't know, I just deleted the walking completely, since I didn't get that far, and now it works..... I am using it to deliver training so I am excited to really work on it now!

Thank you for replying so quickly!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, 

I found out why!! So when I am trying to make her stay in one place I put two points close to each other so that she is not moving for awhile and then quickly move from one to the other. If I put the value to the right side she faces right, If I put it to the left side she faces left. I know that sounds confusing but hopefully it makes sense as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah interesting - thanks for the insight!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines