• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Errors recieved when loading into Character Animator. First time - little frustrated.

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning everyone who may be reading this.

I'm exploring the possbility of using Character Animator for a project, but when I load the program, I recieve the following error:

"Could not delete the file '\\cslg1.cslg.net\USPLHomeDrv\HDrive\William.Camp\MyDocuments\Adobe\Character Animator\Character Animator Project 4\Ch Data\temp.noindex\complier\Behaviorparambootstrap.js'."

After clicking "OK", I am able to continue; however, when I attempt to open a template or puppet from the home page, I recieve another error:

"Internal error code: (1109000933:349+8) bad argument #1 to 'Localize' (string expected, got nil)"

I'm attempting to use Character Animator for a fairly large animation project coming up; however, if I cannot figure out what is causing the issue, I may have to go with a different program.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Warm Regards,

-Billy

TOPICS
Bugs , Crash , FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

I have no idea of the problem, but CH is known to not work well on a shared drive. Try and create a project on a local hard disk instead. Some of the network Disk I/O calls don't work that CH needs apparently.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea of the problem, but CH is known to not work well on a shared drive. Try and create a project on a local hard disk instead. Some of the network Disk I/O calls don't work that CH needs apparently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  I will most certainly try this.  I'm using a work laptop, that has a particularly strong network security.  I was able to load Character Animator on my personal computer, and it runs great!

Thanks again,

-Billy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing exactly what Billy describes, but I'm on a personal computer. It's however cloud based (DropBox). I saved the file to a local drive, but I get the same errors.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump - same setup and issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  I get the same issue.  I have reloaded the application twice but with no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any fixes to this yeat? I'm getting the same string of errors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same advice as before. Don't use ch with files on a shared drive or with cloud sync software. The sync software fights with ch over file ownership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Dropbox you can temporarilty pause syncing (in the setting panel) and this stops the error messages too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved it to an internal SATA drive. It would appear that it is totally corrupted, as I get the same error there. Hours of work wasted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I applied this solution and recovered all the work! Thank you to ... dtull-adobe

Employé Adobe , 
Jan 04, 2024

Copier le lien dans le Presse-papiers

Update for those who might come here because of a similar message. The error turned out to be related to errors accessing files in the temp.noindex directory which was causing a failure in loading the scene in the project. It's not 100% clear what was causing them, but it could have been contention with another process accessing files in the same folder (it was a network synchronized folder).

In any case, the solution turned out to be to copy the project to a (purely) local folder and deleting the temp.noindex folder for good measure. Then the project opened again without errors. 

WMT2_0-1707357009226.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines