Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Issues

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I am trying to export my video for several weeks unsuccessfully., being this forum post my last resort.

I have two characters, one of them I seem to be able to export normally and successfully, but the main character is the main big issue - When rendering through Dynamic Link on After Effects, the rendering stops and I almost always get the error "(...) the file might be corrupted or damaged..."but the file is completely fine when I open it on Character Animator.

So I tried to export the video directly from CH and see what would happen - But a few odd things happen as well:

The character has a transparent background, so I chose the option "Video with Alpha via Media Encoder...", but the final video comes off as not having any animation at all, the original animation is about 10 minutes long but the video seems to render only some seconds and 1 static frame only. I tried exporting as .mov and as .mxf, both with the same issue.

So I tried "PNG sequence and WAV" and only a few frames of the 10-minute long animation are exported...

I don't know what else can I do, any ideas on why is this happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Ok, I figured out a way to export this... So I'll post what I've done here in case someone gets into a similar issue.

My Character Animation file had a 10-minute long animation (with audio, of course), and for some reason, After Effects would say the file was corrupted when I tried to export from it. When I tried to export from After Effects and Media Encoder, I would get a test pattern similar to this:

https://as1.ftcdn.net/jpg/02/09/02/68/500_F_209026809_BMKfSPSleclpxL9BmWWcCUWvS3lNZPBb.jpg

Ins

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export with alpha is the right thing to try. Wondering if machine is running out of memory. I would try reaching out to DanTull​ - he might have time to have a look if you can share the project with him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again Alan!

I actually wondered if there was something wrong with my machine... My PC's resources are actually very limited, BUT, I managed to export other characters just fine, actually. I'm beginning to believe this has something to do with my previous post @ Fixing not working properly?  and that the character is actually messed up... I have contacted Dan as you recommended, but I would not be surprised if he is just too busy to look at some random project, as it's totally fair.

It just bothers me that I can't really find what's wrong with the file... I got a web series to launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan has been very helpful to people with corrupted projects. If you are getting messages about things being corrupted, he is your guy. If it’s just puppet rigging problems, i would try the forums here first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well when exporting on AE, the message says the file is corrupted or damaged... Really. When I open it, it runs fine, nothing seems wrong with it. Just wondering if the so-called corruption could have to do with the messed up rigging - Not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I figured out a way to export this... So I'll post what I've done here in case someone gets into a similar issue.

My Character Animation file had a 10-minute long animation (with audio, of course), and for some reason, After Effects would say the file was corrupted when I tried to export from it. When I tried to export from After Effects and Media Encoder, I would get a test pattern similar to this:

https://as1.ftcdn.net/jpg/02/09/02/68/500_F_209026809_BMKfSPSleclpxL9BmWWcCUWvS3lNZPBb.jpg

Instead of using dynamic link and export the video into After Effects, I trimmed the animation into 5 different bits in Character Animator and exported directly from it with adobe media encoder. I had to trim the animation into 5 different clips because if I tried to export the whole thing, I would not be able to do it and get some errors also. Probably my machine was not being able to handle such long and complex animation, because I tried exporting other characters and it worked fine.

Trimming the animation into 5 little clips works pretty well for long animations, and now I'll be able to stitch them together on Premiere smoothly.

Alan, thanks for all your efforts, you'll be credited, for sure. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need for any credits. Glad you got it working. I usually create a scene per shorter time period in Ch as well then export it scene by scene. I then glue all the videos together afterwards. I find that more manageable that one mega scene for the videos I create (which is actually not many!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Alan, you have been credited for software troubleshoot support on the description of Uzi's first video.

#1 Article 13 - YouTube

Thank you so much once again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines