• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyelids and Blinking

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to do custom eyelids and have a blink state.  They don't have to be tagged as eyelids since I'm not concerned about them moving based on my movements when the camera is on.  My eyeballs and pupils are behind the head layer. 

The 3 states I want for the eyes are Normal, Blink, Eyelids Low.  For Normal, I was thinking of having the eye lashes as part of the head at the edge of the eye opening.  But Blink doesn't hide eye lashes since the eye group is behind the head layer.  The Eyelids Low layers will become visible with a trigger, and will cover the eye lashes since I can put them in a layer above the head layer.

I definitely need the eye groups behind the head.  I think the blink layer needs to be in the eye group so auto blink will work.  How do I cover the Normal eye lashes when auto blink triggers?

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, this is a tricky setup. If you look at Chloe from the app homescreen, her side lashes go away when she blinks. And that's because her eyes are in front of her head so she can include them. So the best option might be to put everything in front and use clipping masks to hide the edges of certain parts instead of the "cut holes in head" approach.

Another more complex option might be to put the lashes in a separate group above the face background, and tag that group as Head and add a new Head behavior to it. Then you will essentially have a second "Head" moving above your normal head, and you could make a second eye group in there that blinks with just the lashes appearing and disappering.

If you did triggered blinks instead of auto blink or camera blinks, this would be easier - just make a swap set of eye states and include the lashes only in the states you want. More tedious to record but should give you the control you need.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines