• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fatal error when opening project in Character Animator (libgit2 error)

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Ok, someone help me I'm scared! I was just working on my project like normal, and then I imported a cycle. When trying to put it in the scene, after several minutes an error popped up saying that it was an invalid image cyvle "something"... maybe cycle protocol?, I don't remember. Since that happened, I closed the program and opened it again, to delete the cyble from the timeline and re-import it (maybe it was just a bug I thought, since I had deleted some images from the cycle before importing it the first time - after I imported the whole thing). Well, it was taking a lot of time again, but I thought it was normal, since my cycle isn't exactly small, but then, suddenly, my screen ent black, blinked and kept blinking with the cursor blinking too (maybe trying to fix the mistake with the graphic driver?) until nothing happened anymore, the screen just turned black and nothing I did brought it back, I had to hard reset my PC for it to start up normal again. Then I open Character Animator to try to work on my project yet again, only to receive the picture below... I checked my folders, and there's nothing there, just a whole lot of empty folders - no character media, data, recordings, anything. I'm lucky to have made a backup I don't know how many days ago on Google Drive, and am trying to download it right now to see if it works. 

I ask again, please, whoever reads this, can you fix it? I worked on it for 3 months already, it's supposed to be showed on a university event and some other places that are really excited to exibit it.

FluffyMarshmallow_0-1601863071576.png

TOPICS
Bugs , Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that.

Could you please share your corrupt project?

Please archive the entier project folder which had this problem and upload here, or send it via a direct message. I'll ask the engineer who may be able to fix it.

I followed you steps in the post; import cycle layer (png sequence), delete a part of cycle layers in Puppet panel. So far I could not repeat the issue. If you remember anythng else you did before you saw the problem, it would be also helpful.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I sent you the folder via private message. It wasn't delete a part of the cycle in the Puppet panel, it was deleting a part of it in the windows folder and then re importing it and adding the cycle to the scene - that would execute the error or something... Anyway, I sent it to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the project in a folder that is synced to the cloud with Dropbox/GoogeDrive etc.? If so, that may be the cause of the corruption. Better to move it to a folder that isn't synced (at least when you are working on it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was originally, but after it (naturally) took longer and longer to upload it, I stopped doing it and just uploaded parts of it or its entirety after working on it, just as a safety net. According to google, the problem seems to be in the "master" archive or database, I don't know, which has something to do with a so-called ODB file (I think that's the actual backup?) and the solution is messing with the files, all that while risking to lose the entirety of the project. Of course I didn't do anything to it before making another backup (and even still, didn't do anything because those binary and hex edit programs are too scary for me - too many "random" letters and numbers lol). Currently I'm waiting for an answer from keikoyamada about the issue. Google also says that this libgit2 is a source of complicated problems? Anyway, until I receive an answer from the user above you in the post, I'll be just waiting and making plans for working myself to oblivion with my old backup (so much work to be done in it!...)

Thanks for answering! Maybe you have an insight on this error thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines