• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request- Possible Physical Trigger?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I was wondering if might be possible to someday in the future be able to set a specific facial pose as a motion trigger? I'm currently working on a floating/ talking head type cartoon, made entirely possible by Character Animator btw and thanks! , so I'm ending up setting up a lot of keyboard triggers for particular facial expressions etc. And while that in-and-of itself is awesome, as I'm animating the puppet with my face I'm finding that I'm naturally doing a lot of "extra" acting with my face anyway. For example, I have this one puppet that is just a face, no nose, but has a lush handle bar mustache. I've set keyboard triggers for each side of the 'stache, which have really made him more expressive, but even as I'm using the keys to wiggle the 'stache I'm also doing a kind of Elvis lip. I was thinking it might be cool if I could set Elvis lip to 'stache wiggle and cut out the key trigger all together. Maybe the application for that would be to narrow to be really useful, I don't know. Couldn't hurt to ask, right?

Thanks so much! Having a blast!

TOPICS
Feature requests

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, we've heard this several times before and would love to have more of this stuff. We're getting a lot of face data, and there's definitely still a lot we could extract from that. "More expressive parts" is definitely on the roadmap, with the eyes and mouth especially. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines