Frame rate mystery

Contributor ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made two character animations and exported them both as PNG and wav

In character animator the time line was 2.06

My settings were 30fps and 1920x1080

I've imported them into Premiere and for some reason the WAV is 2.06 but the actual animation is now out of sync with the audio, and the png sequence is 2:31 long

I've checked my Premiere sequence setup and it is 30fps

Any idea what could be going amiss?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can get them working fine using the dynamic linking (importing the Character Animator file into Premiere) but the playback is realllly jumpy, slow and temperamental, where as working with a PNG sequence is much more quicker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you import the sequence into Premiere? We recommend bringing in the XML file that gets generated - that should have all the correct framerate and syncing info. If you tried that and it's still doing this, let me know.

If the character is super complex it might affect the performance of the dynamic link. I've personally done most of my dynamic link work in AE and it's worked well for me, albeit with relatively simple (no head turn, dangle, etc) characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Okay Samurai, this was the trick - the RIGHT way to do it. What happens is that when you import a PNG sequence without the XML, the footage (clip) is interpreted by PP to be 25fps - at least on my machine anyway - and should show this next to the clip in the Project Panel. The temporary workaround I had been using  for this was to right click the PNG seq clip in the Project panel, select 'Modify' and 'Interpret Footage...'. In the Frame Rate section, click the 'Assume this frame rate:' and change it to the frame rate of your sequence. But I agree Okay Samurai's method is better. For those who don't know, when you Import the XML, PP will create a Bin of all the PNGs, and also a Nested sequence that is, in effect, the clip. So it's this nested sequence that you drag onto your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've seen my puppet and all the cycles and behaviours, and I have two on the go, so you can imagine the lag. Never tried an XML before, I usually just bring in a PNG sequence. I will try now. I rendered one out the other day and it worked fine but today I am having problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, it worked! You've gotta be the most helpful person I've ever come across, thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines