• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frontal View Puppet does not disappear when walking

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I have a 2 view Puppet, frontal and right view for walking. However when I press the right arrow key the puppet is walking to the right but the frontal view puppet stays does not disappear. How do I make the frontal view disappear and the right view appear when pressing the arrow key?

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

The Walk behavior is weird - it only like 1 view or 3 views. So if you add an extra view called "Left Profile," it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That usually means that there's something wrong with the hierarchy of layers set up for the puppet. Could you post an image of the rigging hierarchy so that we can get a better look at how you have the head and body set up? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your fast response. I set it up so the right arm is on top of the body and head, as recommended in the Character Rigging video from OkaySamurai for a 3/4 View Character.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue I see is that you need to have the head and body above the profile layers. You should have a head layer, then the front and right views within that - same for the body. The right arm probably only needs to be separate from the body for the profile view, but I cannot say for certain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me often. I haven't figured out how to stop it from happening, but I've figured out a workaround. I put all the puppet's views into a swap set and then set the trigger for whatever profile I need during that walk cycle, that way the frontal view swaps out and disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great idea this would have worked as well for sure! You might check out oksamurai´s answer. When creating a 3rd view called "Left Profile" the problem was fixed for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Walk behavior is weird - it only like 1 view or 3 views. So if you add an extra view called "Left Profile," it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines