Exit

Frustration!!! (Resizing)

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys and gals!

PLEASE HELP ME.

I'm making a swarae into the world of CA and have been adapting parts of the "Almasol" file

to suit my character in PS however, my character is getting cropped out because of the file size...?

I haven't made any adjustments other than replacing the existing body parts in the ps file so why would this be??

anywho, ive just spend the best part of 3 hours trying to rectify this without prevail. I figure it must have something to do

with the original ps file being too big... but I cant reduce the size of it with the entire puppet going mental, check it out -

This is the original -

Original.jpg

Here is the resized version -

Resized.jpg

and look whats happens when i move my head!

bent.jpg

Please tell me theres an easy solution to this!!! xxx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a puppet ”behavior” puppets get by default called “Transform”. In there is a scale property you can change. Click on the puppet in the timeline and look for the properties panel.

The other aspect of movement of the desk depends on how puppet is rigged. If you go to the rigging window, if you resized the PSD file if you had any “fixed” pins to stop the desk moving, they may not be over the actual desk any more. I would suggest reading up some tutorials on rigging, or look at a few puppets in rig mode (at top of window is rig and record modes and a few others).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never use puppets at 100%. I first record the scale(size) and the X and Y starting positions before I do anything. Then I make sure to uncheck(meaning you can't have a red dot) before I do anything else (moving head, lip syncing, etc.)

CA is an incredible program, but you need to be aware that if you have the red buttons checked and then record, you are going back to the defaults. In other words if I scale it down and set its position, and then go and record something else it will record the defaults and override your previous scaling, etc. It's tricky, but once you know what to do and get in the habit of it you will save yourself a lot of time.

Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's great cheers for the info guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines