• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting a too much complicated face , any suggestions?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey , im creating an animal character , its a panda , i needed head turner behavior for its head and also different face emotions like crying - angry - cute etc.

Which means for every face position like frontal , left quarter and the others (which makes 7 different poses) i need 6 different face styles (including normal)

Now the problem is that the face is a little detailed , eyelids and mouth are different for different emotions , the character has white cheeks which i want them moved for more depth.

So for all of these , i created a main group named head , followed by groups for head turner like different profiles and each profile has all different types of emotions.

now the whole project I have got has a whooping number of 830 layers which i think is just too much and the only thing which is not moving is the main part of the head that consists of only 4 layers.

Any suggestions on how to make this project better organised / optimized?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

One option is to make your giant fully featured puppet, duplicate it in the Project panel, then modify the duplicated puppet to make it more simple.

So if you have a puppet with eight views, but you know you're only using one view in one scene, you could create a one view copy of that puppet that will perform better while allowing you to do all of your design and rigging in a fully featured puppet.

Let's say that scene now requires two views, you can replace that track puppet with another copy of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Little question :

I have the same problem with a huge puppet, but the image is jerking when I try to do a scene with it.

With this 830 layer's puppet, you have a a good render in a scene ?

Thank per advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea and for that ive come up with an idea , i guess the problem is there are too many behaviors for the application to track and for that it stutters a lot.

Yet the problem is these things only work when you would want to use animator for capturing scenes and not live streaming a character.

Ive used different shortcut keys for different emotions and when i need them i trigger them , and also for headturning im using the same method. I guess for using the camera input and acting a very good system is required or the app needs optimizations somehow or the only way to work around that is to cut scenes into pieces and use different emotion characters for each scene , like having a separate file for the angry type of the same character and normal for it etc. and using different puppet files for different scenes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you share your .puppet file, I'm happy to take a look. Whether or not an 800 layer puppet will run smoothly depends on the puppet structure, behaviors, and machine you're using.

Dan Ramirez

CH QA Engineer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer Ramirez

I think i got you. I will try that.

So there will be some update for this types of situations for CH?

As for the puppet , sure , even some design suggestions by a professional person would be very helpful for my project.

Where can i upload my puppet file for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want to share your puppet publicly, PM me directly from the forum and we can work privately. If you're comfortable attaching your puppet to this post, any changes I might make could benefit the community at large.
Thanks,

Dan Ramirez

CH QA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answers Dan Ramirez,

I don't want to look opportunist on an Topic wich is don't mine but can you eventually take a look at my puppet ?

because the problem is not exactly the same : it's not not an "8 face problem" but more a too much dangle problem (i've copy paste a lot of "hair" file to get a lock of hair

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fata, If you'd like for me to take a look at your puppet, please PM me through the forum. Thanks,
Dan Ramirez
CH QA Engineer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Dan Ramirez !

pls find enclosed the puppet

I drop it here because, as you said  "any changes I might make could benefit the community at large"

please find the wetransfer of the puppet file :

https://we.tl/t-8g6SevXJkS

thank's again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fata. I found some time to look at your puppet. Holy moly. 417 dangle handles! Yes. That might be more than we can handle. I'm going to start a new thread so this thread doesn't get sidetracked by a different issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dan, thank you so much ! Yes I admit I copy paste a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"will be some update for this types of situations for CH?"

Good question. The best way to get traction on feature requests is to post your suggestion(or problem that needs a solution) here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911317-character-animator​

We regularly review the feature requests and the ability for the community to chime in does help us prioritize what to work on.

Dan R.
CH QA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your help , i will send a PM to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One option is to make your giant fully featured puppet, duplicate it in the Project panel, then modify the duplicated puppet to make it more simple.

So if you have a puppet with eight views, but you know you're only using one view in one scene, you could create a one view copy of that puppet that will perform better while allowing you to do all of your design and rigging in a fully featured puppet.

Let's say that scene now requires two views, you can replace that track puppet with another copy of your puppet that has two views and you won't lose any of your animation.

Eventually, I'd like CH to be able to automatically do this type of thing. You could tell the app every trigger you'd like to use for a scene, then the app could remove the portions of the puppet that don't use those triggers.

Dan Ramirez
CH QA Engineer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines