Exit

Glossing over "errors" in magnet video

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Okay Samurai video

https://youtu.be/ivt3zQ0zni0

The arm reaching for the fish contains "sticks" to control abnormal stretching.

fish.PNG

Yet when in record mode the arm stretches like crazy.

fish2.PNG

What is going on?

I'm using v. 3.1. Is that something to do with it?

Are other people also having problems with consistency in models and behaviours when they stray from the straight forward copy and modify approach to character animator?

Thanks

Robert

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

This is true of any draggable handle you add into the app, unless you add the Arm IK behavior as well. Sticks only make certain areas more rigid, but will not prevent stretching.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in and sharing your feedback. I have personally not tested this project. I'll test the workflow and share my observation with you. If needed, I'll consult the product team about it.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is true of any draggable handle you add into the app, unless you add the Arm IK behavior as well. Sticks only make certain areas more rigid, but will not prevent stretching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I can see that now, from many many failed attempts.

Learning CHA is less straightforward than I imagined. It would be easier if the published examples were rigged to perform in the correct way so that elements can be copied and reused in our own puppets. I copied and reused this example and it failed in the same way. It was not obvious to a complete beginner what had been missed out in the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Yeah - unfortunately there is never one "correct way" to follow - not all puppets have Arm IK, and the main point of this example was to be able to grab the fish without much constraint. In fact. in some examples where I've added extra behaviors/tags, I've had feedback that I'm not keeping it simple enough! So it's hard to find that balance. I would say if you're focused on the arms, check out the Arm IK tutorial for more insight, then you can add the magnets later: https://youtu.be/9xdHjcIeg8I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines