thanks

Taz

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to see if the head and/or body are marked as "independent" (the crown icon) in rigging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do i want it separate or attatched?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want it attached. Perhaps it would be helpful if you shared a screenshot of your puppet rigging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank theoriginalGC - yes detatching the face background layer was the trick works great now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some questions about Adobe Character Animator come up pretty often in the comments section, so I'm making this video as a reference to try to answer some of the most common issues I see: 0:10 How do I add a background? 0:32 Can I export my project to (insert other product here)? 1:15 When I click

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution might help - though it really depends on your puppet's layer structure.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/character-animator-discussions/rigging-issues/m-p/14141102#M24183

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank all of you - i detatched face background layer and now doesn't detatch - it now gets a lil too small when acting - but i think i can adjust controls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great! that worked for me but now when I tilt my head the whole carachter rotates. it didn't before. what have I done!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'll probably want to add a fixed tag to the bottom of the puppet by adding a stick across the feet and giving it the fixed tag. That will pin the lower part of the body down while allowing the head to move freely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines