• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Head stays in place during squatting

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on this method of rigging (10:08) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e85HGSAS80g

In short, the method has me create a frontal folder that contains both the head and body. "Frontal" is tagged as a head, as is "Head". A draggable tag is added to "Frontal" at the base of the head. This is supposed to be a good method for manipulating a puppet to squat and jump. The video explains it better than me.

Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 1.32.18 PM.png

Anyway, followed the instructions in the video (at least 3 different times). Everytime I've tried, it works perfectly from the shoulders down. But the head moves significantly less that the rest of the body (it

does move a little bit) and the neck stretches really long. I've checked every layer for fixed tags and everything seems to be in order. Any ideas why this is happening?

Before and after dragging puppet into a squat:

Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 1.33.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 1.33.36 PM.png

  

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you remove the independence from the Head layer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 2.29.23 PM.png

It gets really distorted and still stretches

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I would love to get @oksamurai to weigh in on this, but until then, check for extra tags. Do you have more than one head tag in the puppet? That usually causes CH confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there are two head tags, which was what the tutorial I was following from Ok Samuri said to do. However, removing one of those tags didn't make a difference. It really seems like it is pinned at the top of the neck, but when I go through every layer there are no pins. (see picture,right at the top yellow line of the torso layer):

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 8.39.05 AM.png

One thing I did notice is that the neck is tagged on the torso. If I move the location of that tag or if I move it from being tagged on the torso to being tagged on the body, it changes how it stretches/distorts. 

This image has neck tag on the torso in the position pictured above:

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 8.44.50 AM.png

This image has neck tag on the body:

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 8.45.13 AM.png

And this image has the neck tag on the torso but moved up a bit, so it sits right on the chin:

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 8.47.46 AM.png

I really appreciate any help, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried tagging the head as the neck? That sometimes works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just tested the character June from the Limb IK pack shown in the video, and she seems to work okay - so my best guess is there's some difference in origin positions or tags.

If the problem persists, could you please File > Export > Puppet, and upload/share your .puppet file (via Google Drive, Dropbox, Creative Cloud, etc.) here or via DM so we can take a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines