• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hoverboard

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get my character to ride a hover board in Character Animator?

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could include a hoverboard in your character artwork and hide by a trigger on that layer?

Can you describe how you want it to look and behave? Eg do you want to see wheels rolling in sync with movement? (That can be harder)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hoverboard is in the same layer group as the puppet body. Ive created a trigger to unhide the hoverboard. I have a cycle on the wheels that gives the illusion that the wheels are moving. The puppet is also rigged to walk. However, the puppet walks on the hoverboard, which moves along with the puppet. It kind of looks like a moving treadmill at the moment. 

I'd like the puppet to stand on the board and move along with the board. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One option is to introduce a separate set of legs and hoverboard together, then use a swap set to hide the normal legs and reveal the legs-and-hoverboard layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I tried this as well. I didn't tag the heel, ankle, or, toe for each leg, and it worked somewhat. The issue is that the puppet and the board bounces when it moves. I'm not sure how to smooth it out as it were just gliding 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, are you using walk behavior to move it? I would use key frames with the transform behavior if recording a scene. (Live is harder). Record the position x value with a key frame at start and end of movement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you need it live, I would see if replays would do a good enough job. Avoiding body movement with walk behavior working sometimes and not others I think would require almost two complete copies of the puppet - then you have two walk behaviors with different tags and strengths etc. You can probably do that in the one puppet by putting two walk behaviors on nested layers (under the swap set)z

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines