Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How come mouth is always open?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

when trying out characterizer I noticed that even in a neutral resting post my puppet's mouth is always open like for an "A".
After this I now opened two included puppets (Dr Applesmith and the red monster), and they also show me a gaping A-mouth in my (mouth-closed) neutral resting pose.
(Also eye tracking seems off and erroneous.)
Any ideas what the reason could be?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you push record, what shows up in the timeline? (trying to confirm if it is the lip sync misfiring or some other trigger causing the mouth to behave like that)

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue! The timeline shows that it records new audio but the mouth of the character seems to move inaccurately. It never rests in the neutral position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue! The timeline shows that it records new audio but the mouth of the character seems to move inaccurately. It never rests in the neutral position as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've noticed that whenever I take a slight breath before speaking, the face recognition counts that as a "surprise" look which is why the mouth is wide open and the character looks a bit like it's going to start drooling after a full frontal lobotomy which is very, very creepy. I solved that by editing the "surprise" layer in the .psd for each and every head position. I don't know if there's a "mouth open but not crazy surprised" state that is just missing in my puppet but I guess that would solve it too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines