• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to attach objects as for example Belt to the walking cycle character?

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, 

I am testing Ch for my degree project. I have a character that is working almost in anything. The issue I am having is that the character is walking, but the wings and the rope (belt) are not moving with the body. 

To create the model I used the tutorial of "Walker". but still I could not find any tip to rig the objects that are attached to the body. 

Could you please suggest how I can proceed, because at the moment I tried everything I could by my self and I don't have any success. 

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One important concept is independence. Your wings for example are independent. This allows them to not warp with the parent mesh, and if they move they don't mess with the parent mesh. So wings make sense being independent. But they are still related to the parent mesh - they have a single attachment point (the origin). This controls where the child attaches to the parent.

Now having said that, if you make too much in the parent independent, there can be no artwork left for the child to attach to. That is a bit hard to see. So my question is pick on problem, screenshot the rigging screen with the parent layer selected (i want to see the yellow mesh outline) and the child layer (i want to see the yellow outline and the origin handle where it is attached) and can make more suggestions from there if helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines