Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to avoid physics jiggle when layers appear

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm doing a kind of slow motion head turn effect but each head layer that appears causes anything with dangle to jiggle which ruins the effect. Any ideas how to avoid it? I guess I could use opacity to bring each layer in but this feels like a cheap and hacky way, is there a better way?

Thanks

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if this could be done in After Effects. I'm not an expert with AE, so I'm just wondering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only just started learning AE as well but as far as I can tell it's like importing a video and you don't have control over individual behaviours etc like that, but I could be wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if you could do the motion in regular speed in CH and then slow it down in AE. But that would just make the dangle worse, wouldn't it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, i'm doing it at 60fps in CA and slowing it down in AE. I think it's not so bad if i play the clip first, it seems like the first play is the worst for the dangle jiggle. What i've got isn't the best but it's workable so i'll just use what i have. It seems like there isn't a built in solution for this, it's probably something they need to implement in an update or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines