• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to drag hands without stretching arms?

LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi oksamurai​ - in your March 2018 tips and tricks video, at around 22:07 you record a hand drag for the robot. When I do hand drags, my puppet arms get stretched (see below). In your video, the arm of the robot did not stretch - it just went in the direction of the mouse. How did you achieve this? Arms that stretch makes it harder to get the drag recording right.

Thanks!

PS: The YouTube video is a bit funny - I cannot find it in the list of episodes for the channel. Maybe Google needs to update its indexes still?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I screen grabbed the video - see the cursor is a long way away from the hand? How did you achieve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I had to take the video down due to encoding issues for some viewers - should be back up tomorrow.

That's a really good observation! I think it's based on a few things.

1 - The second dragger behavior seems to be critical to making this work. If I just have one dragger and no underlying recording, it does the usual stretchiness.

2. Her arm is set up as Weld attach style with a second draggable handle in the elbow - which I used very sparingly to fix elbow issues.

Let me know if that works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, what seems to happen is when you have two draggers it averages (?) between the two drag positions. So you get more play in the movement, but it still will stretch if you go far enough away. If you are close to the body, the sticks stop the arm from compressing. It means you can be less precise with mouse movements, which makes it a bit easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines