Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to I prevent character from wiggling when recording

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
Im new to Adobe animator, and I have bumped into a problem. When I have a rigged character and record facial expressions, the whole body wiggles from side to side with my head movements. How do I stop this from happening? 

All the best 
Elina

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you give us a little more information? Are the feet pinned to the ground, or not? Is the "wriggling" uncontrollable or does it stop moving with the head movements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you need fixed handles, which we talk about here: https://youtu.be/7GKCw4f1UrI?t=706

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have seen that vid and I think I have rigged them properly. I tried fixing to feet but still, when I record,  the character wiggles with my movements. Like the whole body kind of moves from side to side. Is there some other thing I can try? 

All the best 
Elina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the feet, I generally use a single stick labeled with the fixed property. As far as the rest of the figure goes, a good place to start is to look at your handles: do you have all of the handles labled correctly? Are all of the handles being used? (Tagging the limbs with shoulder, hip, etc. without IK enabled just creates errors that only confuses CH). Be sure to check the head as well - an extra head label in the model can cause no end of errors. If you've done that and the error persists, there are a few other things you can try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: If your character is walking, you'll need an additional model just for standing. This video helps explain more:  Walking (Adobe Character Animator Tutorial) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines