Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make a puppet switch views with keyboard trigger

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a character that has a frontal, left profile and right profile. I have rigged it to walk and change view direction when the left and right arrows are pressed. It works great. I was also able to rig a head turn left and right with a keyboard trigger.

I can't seem to figure out how to make the character turn their body to the left, or right without walking. I need the walk behavior, but I also need to switch direction without walking as it will be talking to another character.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Troy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

I normally put ”frontal” in the swap set as well - if only for clarity. You don’t have to type in a key binding for it (just make it the default) ... unless you use “Latches” for left and right, in which case you need a trigger to exit the left/right latch selections and return to the frontal view.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try adding a trigger to the different views then putting the triggers into a swap set. Make the front view the default with left and right having key bindings. I think that should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out how to add a trigger to the left and right views, but I can't seem to figure how to then put them into a swap set. Thanks for your help.

Troy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I just figured it out. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I normally put ”frontal” in the swap set as well - if only for clarity. You don’t have to type in a key binding for it (just make it the default) ... unless you use “Latches” for left and right, in which case you need a trigger to exit the left/right latch selections and return to the frontal view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines