• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make puppet's arms appear on top of his desk?

New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a puppet sitting in a chair behind a desk.

The puppet's layers are ordered below the desk to be able to make him walk behind it and sit down.

I want to be able to put my puppet's arms on top of the desk to "work at his pc", but naturally the arms go behind the desk due to the layering order.

I tried to create an extra set of arms that are layered on top of the desk, but I can't seem to deactivate the original arms or "invert" the trigger to make the arms disappear.

Any tips would be appreciated!

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a puppet that I needed the arms to disappear, so I put just a new layer in the arm swap group with a circle shape set to 0% opacity on that layer. That way the arms "disappear" to that 0% opacity layer and it appears to have nothing there when I swap to that layer. That might be a solution for you in regards to getting the original arms to check out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This can actually be very hard to do because of some restrictions in CH. I would consider cheating. Have two puppets. The first puppet does not have a desk, so it can just walk around, including behind the desk. Then a second puppet is for when the puppet is sitting bend in the desk. Change the artwork so instead of "pants", put the "desk" artwork there. Then add pins and sticks so it does not move. Then its easy to put arms on top of desk. This requires you to hide the first puppet and desk and reveal the second puppet-and-desk. Or do a scene change. But its really hard to make the one puppet do both. (Not impossible, but really hard.)

The problem is a puppet cannot be behind and in front of another puppet (the desk) at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines