• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I downloaded the program, but it gives such an error, I cannot continue, what should I do?

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

asd.jpg

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have a current os, reset your preferences. see bottom of https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/set-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are looking for help with character Animate not animate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved to character animator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this is caused by the message being moved, but I cannot load the image to see what the error message is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i couldn't read it either (before moving) and i clicking the image didn't working before moving either. 

after seeing your reply, i edited the message to enlarge the image and can see an internal error code, ch version number and something didn't match something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. I wish I could say I understood it, but it makes no sense to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How often does this happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try quitting, then relaunch holding down the Alt key. That should open a fresh empty project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, this is some sort of corruption of the cache for Puppet Maker. You can help us understand what went wrong by typing this in the windows explorer

%localappdata%\Adobe

in this directory you should see a Character Animator folder. Make a zip file of the entire directory and set it aside.

then launch Ch again, this time when you choose Puppet Maker hold down the shift key — this will regenerate the Puppet Maker cache and should get you going again

then if you're feeling nice, attach the .zip file to the thread here so we can try to diagnose what went wrong

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines