• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator layers not showing up in Character Animator

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't figure out why my Illustrator layers are not showing up in the Rig window. It shows up as "Layer 1". Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 10.20.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-04 at 10.22.09 PM.png

TOPICS
Bugs , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does look strange. What happens if you import the artwork file a second time? Does it create a new puppet with the correct structure? Also at the bottom of the scene window there is a refresh button (two arrows in a circle).Trying holding down ALT and clicking that buttons to flush various caches.

But it is strange.

Oh, if you look at the properties panel for the puppet, what is the path name to the file? Is it the same as the file you are editing? That is, single click on a puppet in the project panel then look at the properties panel over to the right. I am wondering if CH has made a copy of the artwork, so the file you are editing is not the same as the one it is using. Maybe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which versions of Ch and Illustrator are you using?

Which version is the AI file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I tried the work around:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/character-animator/error-opening-illustrator-file-64/td-p/10715644

Now the illustrator comes with layers but doesn't show the content properly. 

Do you have the proper naming of the layers, like the "+" infront of the first layer like "+Adam" and then all the layers according the structure AC is asking for (Head / +left eyebrow ) and so on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! Saving to Legacy CC was the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem. In case you are facing another problem that occured to me: when I import an ai-file - saved as legacy CC - it happens that not all parts of my illustration are shown, namely those which have a compound path which I used for the drawing inside mode. My workaround: export it in Illustrator as  .psd file - therewith you keep the layer structure but the compound path is flattened to a single layer - and work in CA with the psd file instead - problem solves 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines