• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Puppet or Illustrator file?

Engaged ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very new to Character Animator. When working on a new project, should I import the puppet or the illustrator/photoshop file?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A puppet file contains artwork plus rigging information, so if you have a puppet file it is better to use. If you have an artwork file only, you have to do all the rigging yourself.

Note puppet files when imported make a copy of the artwork file and use that copy. So if you use Edit Original from the menu, you will be editing a copy. If you want to share an artwork file across projects, you need to import the puppet and then change the path to the artwork file name back to the original shared file. However I personally prefer having a copy because it would be easy to break other older projects with edits if you share the artwork file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much. This answer along with the one about folder organization help a lot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines