• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported puppet disappears for 1 frame

Enthusiast ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this belongs in the AE forum, but my imported CH puppet is blinking out for 1 frame. Halp?

*bonus points if you can identify the object stage right lol

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Are you sure in CH it is there for the first frame?  I have troubles with AE sometimes because its not snapping (?) so I have to get the position exactly right. That might not be your case, but I would check to make sure in the CH scene the character really is there in the first frame.

Also is the FPS the same in CH and AE? Wondering if you are triggering an edge condition there if different FPS.

And what is that thing in upper right? Clear its... ah... its... um... a magical flying robot ticket d

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure in CH it is there for the first frame?  I have troubles with AE sometimes because its not snapping (?) so I have to get the position exactly right. That might not be your case, but I would check to make sure in the CH scene the character really is there in the first frame.

Also is the FPS the same in CH and AE? Wondering if you are triggering an edge condition there if different FPS.

And what is that thing in upper right? Clear its... ah... its... um... a magical flying robot ticket dispenser head thingy sticking its tongue out at the character! That is the real reason the character disappears - practicing its magic trick!

(Oh, and ”flush any caches” is usually a good idea as well. Very frustrating tracking down a problem that does not actually exist.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ill check the other factors, but this isnt the first frame of the CH layer. He comes in and out of frame throughout the presentation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have two frame rates

Can i change it in CH to match my comp? ( cant seem to find where )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on a scene in ch there is the properties panel - it has duration, dimensions, frame rate there.

i don’t know why not appearing for some frames - just wondering if a glitch because of the frame rate difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Normally I export a MOV file rather than dynamic link - no dynamic updating, but more predictable for me)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flushing out the cache seems to be working for now.

Still making timing adjustments and more animation with the puppet so im keeping with the dynamic link for now. Otherwise i would totally be pre- rendering this layer!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines