• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing pre recorded audio

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been the most painful process ever.  Just saying.  Since I can't use my puppet in a live recording when gaming, for now all I can do is record myself and audio and then import it into Character Animator.  After Effects was a bust for me.  I don't know if the video was too long, but the full face tracking wouldn't import into Character Animator.

So... then I tried to import the audio file.  It imports and I also Compute Lip Sync From Scene Audio.  I try to hit play, and nothing.  It won't play.  The option is there but nothing happens.  I just want to make some fun stuff for my channel.  

help with this.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"After Effects was a bust for me" 

A little more info here might help figure out what the issue is. Sounds like you're trying to copy and paste facetracking data from a video in AE to CH and that wasn't working?

The next issue seems to be that you import audio into CH, run compute lipsync. That works, but then you can't play? The first thing to check in that scenario is your Audio Hardware settings in the Prefs. You might have some weird device set as your playback device which will prevent playback. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!  I found an old post where others were mentioning that their default audio hardware was set to NDI and that was causing the issue for them.  I checked.. yup.  As soon as I moved it back to my mic, the problem was solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines